Community Dialog, also known as group facilitation and training,
is a partnership where the facilitator leads group activities that can include movement, music,
creative writing, theater, reflective sharing and storytelling to build interpersonal connections
and understanding of different perspectives.
Through the practice of Present Listening, exploring power dynamics and examining privileged as well as marginalized identities, groups can begin designing new equitable systems and dedicate to values that better serve the complex and vibrant communities of today.
Through Dialog your Community will be able to…
• Create a space where each person feels they can be authentic and speak their truth
• Open collaborations to include and sincerely consider all voices and experiences
• Focus on and stay committed to equity and justice as core values of community action
• Practice planning, problem solving, and designing with an inclusive and equitable lens
• Develop initiatives using current language, perspectives and approaches that promote allied behavior and a deeper awareness of power and privilege